Questions and answers – Student

How many student apartments are allocated each year?

2 854 student apartments were allocated in 2019.

Who can apply for student housing?

Those who are studying or have an admission certificate to a university, college, post-secondary vocational education and training or higher vocational education in Stockholm county can apply for student apartments. The number of credits required per year varies depending on the requirements set by the landlord. Read the requirements in the advertised apartments.

Can international students apply for student housing if they do not have a Swedish personal identity number?

Yes. You can register as a housing applicant with your e-mail address.

How can I apply for student housing?

You should register as a housing applicant. You will then be able to access My Pages where you can actively apply for housing by submitting notices of interest for the apartments which are advertised.

When you have received a student apartment you will keep your place in the queue so that you can continue applying for apartments after your studies.

Can distance education students apply?

No, in order to apply for a student apartment you need to study on site in Stockholm county.

Can I continue to reside in the apartment after my studies?

No, you can only continue residing as long as you are studying. Every term your landlord will check that you are studying and intend to continue.  However you will  keep your place in the queue in the when you sign a contract for a student apartment. You can then apply for a new apartment after your studies.